Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Texarkana Chicken Spaghetti


Chicken spaghetti is a dee-licious dish from the deep South!

We were introduced to it shortly after moving to Texarkana, and after a great deal of searching and experimenting we created this recipe that has become a family favorite. We hope you enjoy it!

Texarkana Chicken Spaghetti
2-3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 (16 oz) package angel hair pasta
1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1/4 lb Velveeta cheese
2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped black olives (optional)
1 pinch garlic powder

Boil chicken in a large pot of water. When cooked thoroughly, remove from pot, keeping water at a boil. Shred chicken and set aside. Add pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain water. Return pot with cooked pasta to stove over low heat. Add remaining ingredients and cover, stirring occasionally. When cheese is melted, dinner is ready!

Suggested sides: Salad and french bread

5 comments:

  1. Mmm, that does look dee-licious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made something similar, but I used Velvetta mexican cheese instead of chiles and colby cheese. I like your version, too. Perhaps I'll try yours and then I won't have to buy the Velvetta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen variations of this on other southern belle's blogs and I'm sure I will try this. But I had to laugh at the directions for a *pinch* of garlic powder. If that doesn't smack of experimentation to get just the right taste, I don't know what does. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try this. Sounds so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this using Velveeta instead of the knockoff brand Velvetta. It was yummy. ;0)
    I once made it with regular Velveeta and Rotel. David loved it; I couldn't eat it b/c it was tooooo spicy for my fragile mouth.

    ReplyDelete