Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole and Good Potatoes


My kids absolutely LOVE this meal, and the adults enjoy it a lot, too. Chicken Cordon Bleu is a favorite dish in my house, but it's not a recipe I turn to when I need something quick and easy. This casserole, however, is awfully quick and easy, and delicious, too.

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Approx. 4 chicken breasts cut into large pieces
6 slices provolone or swiss cheese
1-1/2 c cubed ham
1 can cream soup (I use cream of chicken)
1 box of stuffing

Spray casserole dish. Layer chicken pieces on bottom followed by the ham and the cheese slices. Spread can of soup over the cheese. (If you wanted to freeze it, you would do so right now.) Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. In the meantime, make stuffing. Spread over casserole and bake another 15 minutes. As you can see in the picture, sometimes I cook the casserole for the entire 40 minutes and serve the stuffing on the side. I think the stuffing can be overpowering in the casserole, so Mrs. Cubbison's Corn Bread Stuffin' is another yummy option. For the cheese I usually use a shredded 3-cheese blend of provolone, mozzarella and cheddar, and I often used sliced deli ham instead of cubed. You can sprinkle parsley over the top.


I love potatoes just about any way they come, and this version is no exception. Onion soup mix makes this a simple and convenient way to dress up potatoes.

Good Potatoes
Cube enough potatoes to fill a cookie sheet in a single layer. Toss with 1/3 c oil and 1 package Lipton onion soup mix, crushed. Spread on cookie sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 40-60 minutes until golden and tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment