Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Joshua's Magic Muffins

Joshua, being a fan of Malt-O-Meal, asked me for months to try this recipe he found on the side of the Malt-O-Meal box. When I finally got around to it, I wished I had tried it sooner! These delicious morsels are so yummy and satisfying and just a little sweet. No need to put honey on them, just add a little butter and they'll stand on their own. Best of all, they are sooo easy to make.

Joshua's Magic Muffins
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Original Malt-O-Meal hot wheat cereal, dry
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)

Preaheat oven to 400ºF. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir together until all ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into greased or paper-lined muffin pans, filling cups 3/4 full. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until center is firm to the touch.

Yield: 12 muffins

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Two of my kids love Maltomeal, and so do I, so we always have a box on hand but I haven't tried these muffins.. I will give them a try!

    ReplyDelete